Categories: Auto News

Suzuki will leave the Australians without five models, and that’s why

From March 1, 2025, Australia has been into force new requirements for car safety that many models presented in the country at present are not complies with. Previously, it became known that due to the innovations, Mitsubishi refused to sell Pajero Sport, ASX and Eclipse Cross, and now Suzuki has ceased to accept orders for IGNIS, SWIFT SPORT, VITARA, S-CROSS and three-door Jimny.

In a conversation with Carexpert, the head of Suzuki Australia, Michael Pachota, said that the company planned to withdraw from the local line of the model whose life cycle has gone to an end. IGNIS, Swift Sport, Vitara, S-Cross and three-door Jimny are no longer available for ordering, but cars in the warehouses of dealers should be enough for 2025, he said.

With most of the listed cars, the Australians really said goodbye, since Suzuki did not intend to invest in their revision, but not everything is so clear with Jimny yet. The AEB system, which since spring will become mandatory for all cars in Australia, has a five -door execution of the Indian production model, and the potentially Japanese brand can equip it with a three -door SUV. Probably, Jimny will outline and increase his safety, after which he will again open the road to Australia.

Mitsubishi will leave the Australians without three models in Australia sold Lada Niva, but the difficult in Australia made a truck with a “side platform” from Kruzak

Vitara and S-Cross crossovers will remain in the Australian market, but only in hybrid modification-more information is expected about this in the third quarter of this year. But IGNIS and the “charged” Swift Sport hatchback will most likely be discontinued without successors.

In parallel, Suzuki prepares new items for Australia, in particular, the launch of the Fronx crossover, which will be carried from India, is planned.

Only here: local special versions

Recent Posts

Chinese blogger will pay BYD 21 million rubles in libel case

A Chinese blogger, leading a social network under the nickname Long Ge Talks EVs, lost…

Modernization completed: AvtoVAZ reported on the results of production renewal

During the period of a single corporate vacation - from May 1 to May 17…

Changan has become the most popular brand on the Russian market

During the 20th week of 2026 (from May 11 to May 17), 1,223 new Changan…

Motor named new cars that will appear at dealers in June

Russian and Chinese brands are updating their model lines in the spring and summer of…

Changan Eado Plus will cost a million rubles in Kazakhstan

In the neighboring republic, the cost of the basic version of the Changan Eado Plus…

AvtoVAZ will sell the rear-wheel drive SKM M7 model for 2.9 million rubles

AvtoVAZ has opened shipments of a new rear-wheel drive family - the SKM M7 van…