Categories: Auto News

Connected cars from China and Russia are banned in the US

The White House said it would ban the import or sale of equipment and vehicles connected to the Internet and created with the participation of China or Russia. The new ban announced by the US Department of Commerce concerns both individual systems and machines as a whole. This is explained by the fact that the devices can collect data and transfer it to “malicious actors.”

The US Department of Commerce blacklisted modules for Bluetooth, cellular communications, satellite communications and Wi-Fi, as well as autonomous driving systems created in China or Russia.

Also banned are “connected” machines themselves that use “smart” technologies and collect various data. Interestingly, this also applies to cars manufactured in the United States, if the manufacturers are related to one of the two countries. The ban will affect cars of the 2027 model year.

Chinese auto giant BYD was accused of using “slave” labor Trump wants to impose 200 percent tariffs on Chinese Tesla cars in the US, move over: Li Auto will create a humanoid robot

So far we are talking only about passenger cars, but the American government is already considering a similar moratorium for commercial vehicles weighing more than 4.5 tons.

The goal, authorities say, is to protect against cyber espionage. The machines can allegedly provide “malicious actors with unrestricted access to connected systems and the data they collect.” Moreover, the White House fears both for the personal data of drivers and for critical infrastructure and public safety.

As part of the expansion of the bans, the United States also imposed sanctions on the largest battery manufacturer from China, CATL. The Pentagon said that the company is collaborating with the Chinese military, which means it could pose a threat to national security. CATL disagrees with the accusations.

Great Chinese price: cool cars from China

Recent Posts

Genesis designers turned the G90 sedan into a compartment and a convertible

At the car dealership in Seoul debuted two concepts based on the flagship G90 -…

Hyundai Ioniq 6 electric sedan received a new appearance and sports version N Line

The restyled four -doors were presented at the Seoul Mobility Show, and in the summer…

AvtoVAZ launched sales of an economical Lada Largus and opened prices

The manufacturer announced the return to the range of Largus CNG, which can be refueling…

Renault Austral survived the first restyling

The model was debuted for the first time in 2022 and replaced Kadjar in the…

The ROX importer offered support to the owners of unofficially imported cars

The company "Hyperion Lising (Tianjin)", a subsidiary of Sinomach Auto, spoke about the new service…

Volkswagen announced the suspension of car supplies to the United States due to duties of Trump

On April 3, 2025, the American president ordered the introduction of 25 percent barrage tariffs…